Depending on the condition of your lips, there are many caring tips you can follow to retain your beautiful lips. Today, many factors can contribute to why you may have bumps on your lips.
In the rest of this lip-related blog, you’ll learn:
- What exactly causes lip bumps?
- What are the most effective approaches to performing lip care to eliminate bumps and infections?
What causes lip bumps?
Viral & Bacterial Infections
Yes, viral and bacterial infections are some of the most common causes of bumps on the lips. Below are a few common examples:
- Lip infections as a result of herpes, syphilis, and a few other STIs, can cause bumps. These infections are mostly contracted through oral-to-anus sexual practices, such as rimming.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease is another viral infection that can cause bumps on your lips.
- Syphilis is another bacterial infection that causes lip bumps. This type of infection often surfaces with red, painless sores on your lips.
Apart from bacterial infections on lips, bumps can also be a result of different allergic reactions. These allergic reactions may surface because your body system reacts to certain foods, lipstick products, or even pet dander.
Mucoceles is a type of health issue that affects a person’s lower lips and gums. In most cases, you can experience this problem after an injury. For instance, mucoceles can surface after an injury that develops from biting your lips.
Although this doesn’t often occur, it’s worth pointing out that lip bumps may be a symptom of oral cancer, a type of cancer that surfaces when people have a tumor on their lips.
Effective lip care tips you should know today
Lip care is pretty important regardless of whether or not you have lips bumps or sores. Below are a few natural ways of addressing your lip issues:
As the name suggests, exfoliation is the process of eliminating dead skin cells from your surface. A soft toothbrush is vital to complete this step. You can consider using this method once a week to keep your lips in good condition.
Hydration is the process of keeping your lips from drying quickly. Lips have no oil glands; this explains why it’s advisable to drink enough water to keep your lips hydrated at all times.
To address your lip bump issues, another effective solution is to consider moisturization. High sunscreen lip products will work magic in this case. To pick a suitable product, ensure you focus on the ones with at least an SPF of 15.
4. Picking the right products
When picking suitable products for your lip care, you need to be extra careful.
- First, you need to only focus on sun-protective products.
- Another thing you can do is to read this Heal My Lips book. It covers a 10-step guide on how to fulfill the healing process during your lip care This book will also suggest effective products you can trust to treat your lip infections and bumps.